Rules Under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) The DMCA is a federal law passed by Congress in 1996. Its rules are as follows.
During a three hour period one may:
- Play no more than three songs from a particular album;
- Play no more than two songs consecutively from a particular album;
- Play no more than four songs by a particular artist;
- Play no more than four songs from a boxed set; and
- Play no more than three songs consecutively from a boxed set.
- Advance program schedule or prior announcement of song titles may not be transmitted by text, video or audio.
- You may not publish advance program guides or use other means to pre-announce when particular sound recordings will be played.
- Your program must not be part of an “interactive service.” This means that you cannot perform sound recordings within one hour of a request by a listener or at a time designated by the listener.
Rebroadcasts of programs may be performed at scheduled times as follows:
- Programs of less than one-hour: no more than three times in a two-week period;
- Programs longer than one hour: no more than four times in any two-week period.
- Continuously looped program streams may not be less than three hours long (per cycle).
- You should pass through (and not disable or remove) identification or technological protection information included in the sound recording (if any).
ARTISTS: If you have a desire to collaborate with colleagues anywhere in the world, you may wish to use the AUDIO/VIDEO chat here on the site. Once registered and logged in you are a mouse click away from being able to have a very fast and efficient Video/Voice collaborative session. Share live music snippets, discuss and plan. It is ALL FREE, so please take advantage of the opportunity. Also as part of the Voice/Video chat, there is a built in "person to person" file share if sharing recorded music bites would be desired. Please contact me at email@example.com for more details.
ARTISTS and LISTENERS: We could use your kind help. If possible we wish to ask assistance in providing exposure for Our Place Radio. If possible, please post the following address (and only this address) on your websites - http://radio.ourplace-sites.com - We would also appreciate any posts to Blogs, Forums, Facebook, Twitter or anywhere else appropriate.